Certification Study Guide
1. Study advice
While this is an open book test, students won’t have time to lookup each answer. To get you ready, we recommend you schedule time and use these tips:
- Review the Training Guide, Reference Manual and Workbook
- Know all the main models and the name of their components or stages
- Familiarize yourself with each psychological principle, neurochemical driver, and emotional strategy
- Download our cheat sheets to learn the current nomenclature of each model, and the specific terms used to describe each component
Best order to complete each test
Our content and tests follow a straight-forward logic, so please complete your tests in the following order:
- Digital Behavior Change Certificate (DBCC)
- Emotional Design Psychology Certificate (EDPC)
- Applied Behavioral Design Certificate (ABDC)
If you took the course before 2016
The Digital Behavioral Science System has undergone major revisions over a 7 year period and is consistently updated with the latest behavioral psychology research and industry trends, ensuring a constant improvement to the way we teach. Students who completed our training in the past may find the test difficult because of new terms, modules, and revisions. For this reason, we recommend retaking the training to get ready.
2. About the Exam
Structure of each test
All tests are open book, which means it is acceptable for you to have training materials or any helpful notes on-hand during the test. To pass, you must correctly answer the required percent of the questions within the given time frame.
Each test is structured as follows:
- Digital Behavior Change Certificate (DBCC): 90 questions with 120 minutes to complete and 60% passing grade
- Emotional Design Psychology Certificate (EDPC): 60 questions with 90 minutes to complete and 60% passing grade
- Applied Behavioral Design Certificate (ABDC): 90 questions with 120 minutes to complete and 70% passing grade
Each test contains a sequence of multiple-choice questions with a statement followed by four possible answers. There is only one correct answer. After completing each question, you cannot go back. So, if you’re not sure of the answer, go with your best judgment. Here’s an example of the type of questions you’ll encounter:
What are the core dimensions of source credibility?
3. Download your certificate
After successfully completing your test, you will be able to instantly download your certificate. Since the name on your certificate comes from your user profile, ensure that your profile name is correct. If there are any problems, you may need to mark the lessons in your certificate test complete. This is a software limit.
In the future, we will list all persons who complete our certification program in a list of verified graduates.
4. What to study for each course
- Digital Behavior Change Certificate (DBCC): Review all the course downloads and learn the Interactive-Influence Model inside out.
- Emotional Design Psychology Certificate (EDPC): Review all the key models, especially the Emotion-Behavior Model.
- Applied Behavioral Design Certificate (ABDC): Know the key steps and details for the behavioral design process.
Each certificate is verified with a unique credential ID, course title, and issue date. Certified students receive a unique URL for sharing with employers or on LinkedIn.
Visit the registry: