We are excited to announce our latest round of winners of the AlterSpark’s scholarship program that provides complementary digital psychology training access to graduate students and members of social purpose organizations who use technology to build a better world.
This has been our largest scholarship program to date! We were impressed by both the caliber of the entrants and the wide variety of ways in which they’re using technology for social applications.
In our latest round, eight researchers and change makers received scholarships:
- Beverly Willis Architecture Foundation: Promoting gender equity and ensuring women are better represented in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- Graziadio School at Pepperdine University: Research on sustainable UX and the development of educational technology for children.
- Good Foot Delivery: A social enterprise that provides courier services while employing people with developmental disabilities.
- Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University & UN Volunteers: Using online volunteering to encourage people from the private sector to support refuge integration, hospice work and more.
- Simon Fraser University SIAT: Pushing the envelope on deploying wearable technology that can provide cost effective solutions for personal health, and industry applications.
- Trust for Conservation Innovation – Root Solutions: Scaling behavioral science principles to as many organizations and individuals as possible to promote environmental sustainability.
- Health Leads: Using technology to scale health support services to as wide a population as possible in order to improve citizen health and wellbeing.
- Stanford Graduate School of Business – MBA Program: Researcher with a range of experience using persuasive design to support the works of the United Nations, non-profit organizations, and foundations.
Want to learn more:
- Learn about our scholarship program
- Read about our 2015 winners
- If you’d like to apply to the next round of scholarships, stay tuned via our social media and newsletter for announcements. Our next scholarship intake period is estimated to run in Sep 2016.